You will learn basic information about many of these fascinating species, including their survival techniques, lifecycles, eating habits, and reproduction. This is important because these groups make up the majority of all vertebrate species.
Moreover, we encounter these animals all the time, whether it’s a fish in the ocean, a frog in a pond, or a lizard sunning itself on a rock. Learning a little more about these animals will help you appreciate them even more.
- Identify what makes something a vertebrate
- Distinguish the three major groups of fish
- Describe unifying characteristics of all fish
- Explain the lifecycles of amphibians
- Describe how the body structure of reptiles is suited for their lives
- Differentiate between the three major groups of reptiles
- Explain the importance of fish, amphibians, and reptiles to both humans and the ecosystems in which they live